Friday, June 20, 2014

Farewell to Fearless Dragon, my running family

"When you want to find some motivation...
... for running,
             ... for doing stretches,
                             ... for achieving your goals,
Or at times when you feel as though you are losing yourself, you can think of us."

The Fearless Dragon (猛龍隊): 看不見,聽不到,跑得好,做得到!

Last group photo with The Fearless Dragon (猛龍隊) running group at Hammer Hill sports ground in our running gear! 

It has been a pleasure getting to know some of the members of the Fearless Dragon over the past 2 months. Their stories have touched my heart and put a smile on my face time and time again. I have learned much about running, life and the importance of perspective through my time with the group. Through the Fearless Dragon, I feel as though I have a renewed enthusiasm for running!

I just wish I had more time to get to know more members of the group! I felt that I became close with the low vision and blind runners because I was guide running them, but did not get a chance to run with those the deaf or those with hearing impairments. This experience with the Fearless Dragon does make me want to learn sign language.... This has actually been on my To Do list for the past 2 summers now, since before I started my MScOT program... perhaps this is a sign that I should really get to it?

Dinner with members of the Fearless Dragon running group (猛龍隊).
Dinner with Thursday running group (also members of the Fearless Dragon running group (猛龍隊)).
I believe that fate allowed me to meet this great group of people. A group of very kind people that I feel as though have become my running family in Hong Kong. The world is smaller than we think and I hope that our paths cross again. See you later! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment