Friday, June 21, 2013

I Beat Beethoven!

This post is way overdue. Studying for exams has gotten in the way of my blogging. And since I finished all my reflections for my PE lab portfolio, I needed to take a break from blogging for a while.

On June 2, 2013, I ran Kingston's Beat Beethoven run and finished 8K with a time of 42 mins and 37 seconds. My goal was to finish within 42-43 mins, so I was spot on! It felt great to finish the run, but the last ~1.5K was definitely difficult.

Since finishing that race, I haven't felt very motivated to get up for my morning runs/go to the gym. I know that I need a new goal for myself. I like running and I would go running just for the sake of exercise and it making me happy. But I wouldn't be running consistently (as in 4-5 times a week) just because I  like it. It would probably happen only 2-3 times a week, because ultimately, I get lazy... SO. I know I need a new running goal.

I spent some time looking up races on the Running Room website and it looks like the Terry Fox Run is the next do-able race for me. They have an 8K race and I can train for the next 2 months to better my last 8K time. This is definitely doable, as I am hoping to gradually lengthen my morning runs from the current 7K to a 10K. I should probably try doing my first 10K run in the coming Fall/Spring as well!

I also have a more ambitious goal in the back of my head. Would I be able to run a Half-Marathon (21K!!) by May next year? Both Toronto and Ottawa have Half-Marathons during May (early and late May respectively), and I wonder if I would be able to this... I'll think more on this...

No comments:

Post a Comment